01 May Peachcare for Kids
PeachCare for Kids® is a comprehensive health care program for uninsured children living in Georgia. The health benefits include primary, preventive, specialist, dental care and vision care. PeachCare for Kids® also covers hospitalization, emergency room services, prescription medications and mental health care. Each child in the program has a Georgia Families Care Management Organization (CMO) who is responsible for coordinating the child’s care.
Conquering the challenges has led to recognition nationally…
- PeachCare for Kids® exceeded its two year enrollment goal in its first year of operations.
- Georgia ranked eighth nationally in numbers of enrolled children in 2010. Only California, Florida, Illinois, North Carolina, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas had enrolled more children.
- The PeachCare for Kids® program presented its plan at national conventions highlighting best practices in outreach and enrollment.
- PeachCare promotional materials received a Gold Award, the highest honor given by the National Health Information Awards.
Even more important than national attention, PeachCare for Kids® has earned the trust and praise of Georgia’s families:
- “When I received the PeachCare for Kids® cards in the mail, it was like being handed the moon. Thanks so much.” – Nancy from Clarkesville
- “I thank God every day for PeachCare for Kids®. Now I have peace of mind.” – Rebecca in Pine Mountain
To apply for PeachCare go to www.PeachCare.org.
Information provided by: Georgia Department of Community Health